A standard that guarantees the minimum write speed mainly for video recording.
The Video Speed Class was formulated in 2016 as a standard that comprehensively covers SD cards for buffer sizes and writing speeds to ensure continuous recording of 4K and 8K high-definition video. The video speed class has 5 levels of index from 6 MB/s to 90 MB/s.
- Video Speed Class 6 (V6) : minimum 6 MB/s write speed
- Video Speed Class 10 (V10) : minimum 10 MB/s write speed
- Video Speed Class 30 (V30) : minimum 30 MB/s write speed
- Video Speed Class 60 (V60) : minimum 60 MB/s write speed
- Video Speed Class 90 (V90) : minimum 90 MB/s write speed
UHS-I memory cards support up to V30 in maximum.
UHS-II memory cards support up to V90 in maximum.
For more information, please refer to the official website of the SD Association: