1. Update the PS5™ system software to the latest version
Before installing, update the PS5™ system software to the latest version. Please refer to the PlayStation®5 official support for the way of updating:
2. Set the place for installation
You’ll need a #1 Phillips or cross-head screwdriver. You should place the PS5 console on a soft cloth on a flat surface not to be scratched.
3. Release static electricity from your body
Before installation, please touch the metal to release static electricity in your body.
Please refer to the instruction manual or this video for your information.
4. Precautions for installation
- Be sure to use the spacers inside the PS5’s expansion slot.
- Be careful not to overtighten the screws when securing the M.2.
- Both may lead to damage to the M.2 SSD itself.